We’ve got a sick house today. Owen started with a fever on Saturday afternoon and Duncan followed the next day with one. Last night was pretty horrible, with both boys sleeping with me in our bed. They would wake up almost hysterical at times, disoriented and feverish. Today we’re camped out at home, except for a brief trip to feed ducks at a local pond. But despite sickness, there’s still much to be thankful for this week:
153. Good movies to watch while everyone is sick, like How to Train Your Dragon.
154. The fact that this is the first time we’ve been sick this year.
155. The fact that the boys LOVE green smoothies!
156. My Valentine’s Day surprise: a kitchen aid mixer!
157. A Valentine’s Day tea party with the kiddos and my mom last week.
158. Another Valentine’s Day surprise by friends who delivered candy bars to the boys.
159. Butternut Squash + White Bean Stew.
160. I sold our Double Snap ‘n Go on Craig’s List.
161. Storytime at the library.
162. Reading the gospels as we lead up to Easter.
163. Two blood-red Amaryllis blossoms gracing our table to add color to the winter drabness.
164. Whole Wheat Bread.
165. Going to Word Cafe Live to see The Civil Wars in concert with good friends.
166. That I’m on week 8 of memorizing the book of Colossians in a year. This is the most consistent I’ve ever been at memorizing scripture!
Sorry to hear you guys are sick, is Sophia sick too? I hope you can get some rest today.What an exciting week – new Kitchen Aid, a ‘grown-up’ trip to a concert – I’m glad you were able to have some fun before the sickies stuck.
what was the verdict on the whole wheat sandwich bread?
and way to go with Colossians!
oooh – I hope you get to feel better soon! Sick is so not fun. I am quite put out with sick lately… I’m sorry you have to deal with it too.
would love to see a picture of those amaryllises.And, I think I have a mild, possibly questionable obsession now with The Civil Wars. I can’t get enough. And, I want to know everything about them. weird. There’s something so alluring to me about them.
Anyway…I, too, am sorry your buddies are not well. We’ve been having those fevers, too. J did okay w/ it; Tucker, not so much> Waiting to see if the girlie gets it here.
Hang in there. Rest when you can.
love the civil wars! just discovered them recently and ♥ their sound.
Hope you all are feeling better now! Sick is not easy. Loved your list. 🙂
So glad you guys liked “How to Train Your Dragon”!! Hope you are all healthy soon.
I’m so sorry everyone is sick. I came over from Kelly’s to visit. She had some nice things to say about you :). Your place is lovely, I’m glad I stopped by. Didn’t you love How to Train Your Dragon? I cried at that one. Of course, that’s not unusual for me. But, oh well, anyway…