“Gratitude plows up the ground for God’s peace to grow.” -Nancy Guthrie, The One Year Book of Hope
It’s been quiet around here because I’ve been culling wedding photos and processing 300+ images for the bride and groom. Every moment of computer time has been dedicated to that project. I hope to post the sneak peek this week, so look for that (fingers crossed).
Despite the busy life we’re leading, I have been experiencing much peace. Partly because we know we’re doing what we should be doing. Taking stock each week of the many demands on our time figuring and out what to say “yes” and “no” to. Also, like the quote above says, listing all I’m grateful for promotes peace in my heart. This week I’m thankful for . . .
391. Fresh cherries.
392. A/C window units.
393. A baby shower for old friends.
394. A new cd of beautiful scripture lullabies. The whole family is enjoying it.
395. Zucchini cakes and eggplant mozzarella melts.
396. Pool time thanks to a family member who lets us use theirs. Being able to invite friends to go with us.
397. Duncan and Owen’s desire to pray at meal time.
398. Celebrating 7 years of marriage!
399. Josh’s love for me.
400. Boys’ renewed love for the sandbox.
401. A new Kindle.
402. The smell of ripe peaches.
403. Josh’s work on our shed. He painted it to match our house. It’s SO cute. Pictures to come soon . . .
404. A lovely evening with friends at Boordy Vineyards.
405. A sweet 1-year-old photo session. That my sister could babysit my kids for me.
406. One-on-one time with Duncan.
407. A Sunday afternoon nap.
408. A new devotional, The One Year Book of Hope by Nancy Guthrie.
409. That memorizing scripture has become a habit and joy to me.