I got off my blogging game last week. It was a crazy week, complete with a trip to Lancaster, PA to pick up my pastured chickens. I also learned how to cut up chickens for freezing. That being said, with missing a week, I have a long list of thankfulness . . .
341. Frozen Peanut Butter pie.
342. David Suchet’s (i.e. “Poirot”) excellent and engaging reading of The Jesus Storybook Bible. To mix things up we’re listening to the audio version before bedtime.
343. My favorite stir-fry.
344. Taking all three kids to the grocery store for the first time. Yes, it really did take me 10 months to do that. And it went well!
345. Blessing an expectant mother with our exersaucer, now that we’re done with it.
346. Coming to a Mason Jar stash–thanks Briana!
347. Peach and Blueberry crisp and good conversation with friends.
348. Sophia’s ever-pleasant attitude and flexibility.
349. The boys playing in our wading pool.
350. New library books.
351. Norwex cloths.
352. Josh’s construction skills and work ethic. He’s working even now, as I write, on the 4th of July. He’s almost done all the finishing on our front porch done, is working getting our basement “finished,” and is fixing up our red shed so that it matches our house. It will be so cute when he’s done!
353. Josh’s desire to give the boys a hard work ethic by example and instruction. The fact that the boys were helpful to Josh while he fixed the shed roof by handing him shingles and learning how to nail with their hammers.
354. Two sets of new nice neighbors. I will never take that for granted!
356. 10 pastured chickens purchased and in the freezer with Josh’s help. I hope to never buy chickens from the grocery store again!
357. Audio books.
358. Linen pants on sale for $14 at NY & Co.
359. Tomato Bacon Onion Pie.
360. Friends letting us use their pool for the day.
361. A night out in Little Italy with Josh and friends. Dinner at Amiccis and dessert at Vaccaro’s.
362. A free country in which to worship God unharmed.
363. Those both past and present who’ve lived lives of sacrifice on behalf of such freedom.
(Excuse the rather blurry shots. Baby girl was in my arms and kept trying to swipe the camera away from me.)
Hi! It is good to hear you like the audio version of the Storybook Bible. I was thinking about getting it for my girls for their play time. I have a ten month old too, and a Sophia! Hope you had a wonderful 4th!
How on earth did you go 10 months w/o taking all 3 kids to the store? I think I made it 3 weeks, even w/ a very helpful husband. I guess I was desperate to get out of the house, and knew I could put the younger 2 in the cart! Sure glad those boys didn’t fall off the roof either. Makes my palms sweat looking at those pictures!
Well, Josh likes to grocery shop and I don’t, so when Sophia was born and nursing about every 2 hours Josh just started going grocery shopping on the way home from work once a week. Or, I’d go out by myself in the evening. I’m just talking about the grocery store here. I take them all everywhere else like Target, library, etc. It has just the grocery store I’d not been to with all three of them. I admit I was nervous because before Sophia the boys sat in the cart. But it went well, since I had them put non-breakable items in the cart and they kept them busy!
You know I couldn’t go on until I clicked on “learned to cut up chickens for freezing”…perfect list. Glad I bounced by from THC.
Love men that grocery shop. Aaron does for me often now too. I dislike it also. HA HA. We get a lot from our CSA so usually it is a quick trip to TJ on way home. He has also been doing Costco for me which I really love I hate going to costco it wears me out and is a drive plus lifting all those bulk items. We probably only go there every other month though.
The peanut butter pie sounds awesome.
I am checking out the audio version of Storybook bible. I love that bible and it would be nice to have the audio version for the little ones especially during school and reading/rest time for older. I actually use an audio bible now while I am going about my day and work. Do you do amazons audio special deal?
very sweet post! I enjoyed learning what you were thankful for!