“From the greatest of all gifts, salvation in Christ, to the material blessings of any ordinary day (hot water, a pair of legs that work, a cup of coffee, a job to do and strength to do it), every good gift comes down from the Father of Lights. Every one of them is to be received gladly and, like gifts people give us, with thanks.” -Elisabeth Elliot, A Lamp for My Feet
This weekend we celebrated Resurrection Day. The greatest gift I’ve ever received has been given. It’s mine. And though every gift thereafter pales in comparison, they’re still ultimately gifts from the same Giver. I’m celebrating quite a long list today . . .
207. Spring cleaning: Cabinets washed down, dining room chairs scrubbed, a power washed deck, plus much more!
208. Long Sunday afternoon naps.
209. Freshly made granola.
210. Eating meals outside.
211. Reading library books to the kids outside on a handmade quilt made by Josh’s grandmother.
212. The sound of rain in the morning on the roof.
213. A Starbucks giftcard.
214. A new haircut.
215. My mom spending time with the kids so I could go to the salon.
217. Tax returns.
218. Walking the trail with the family.
219. Masterpiece Theater on Sunday nights.
220. Owen’s love of oranges.
221. Smoothie straws.
222. PreK lesson books for the boys.
223. Time to shop by myself.
224. Josh doing a “gift run” for coffee and chocolates to give our friends who came down to spend the weekend from NYC with us.
225. A day spent with my mom eating lunch, buying the boys Easter shirts, and treating us to Vaccaro‘s. The boys’ good behavior, even in the Macy’s china dept.
226. A full night’s sleep!
227. The train table at Barnes and Nobles.
228. Getting my infected finger taken care of at Patient First late one night.
229. Pepper and tomato plants planted. The boys digging the holes for me to plant them and discovering earthworms.
230. Longtime friends and new ones. A visit from a dear and longtime friend with her new husband for Easter weekend
231. My generous friend, Jessica, gifting the boys with new golf clubs.
233. An authentic Mexican meal for us Saturday night, made by Jessica, accompanied by fabulous margaritas.
235. Good long talks with Jessica. That the boys loved them and missed them when they left.
236. A joyous Easter morning celebrated with our church family. That Josh wasn’t tired or drained and did a fabulous job leading worship.
237. Two Easter meals spent with family.
238. For the greatest gift of all: “He [God] has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:13-14