This pie. My goodness. I’ve been making it every summer since the boys were born. Every year I can’t wait until the first batch of blueberries to make it. This year, I made it with our very own blueberries picked from our back yard. What a good feeling it is to walk outside to your own three blueberry bushes and pick enough to make a pie!
If you love blueberries and lemon this is a must try. It is essentially a no-bake pie (you just bake the crust for a few minutes) making it a cool and creamy treat–perfect for a hot summer’s day.
Blueberry Lemon Pie
1 package of graham crackers, crumbed*
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3.4oz package lemon instant pudding mix
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 pint blueberries
2 tbs blueberry preserves
1 cup whipping cream
1. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter.
2. Press evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake pie crust at 350 for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Beat cheese, milk, and powdered sugar until creamy.
4. Add pudding mix, rind, and juice. Beat until blended.
5. Spread half of mixture into crust.
6. Stir together blueberries and preserves, spread evenly over lemon mixture.
7. Spread remaining lemon mixture over blueberry mixture. Cover and chill 2 hours.
8. Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form and spread around out edge of pie forming a decorative border.
*Since I was short on time I bought pre-made graham cracker crusts, baked it, and then made the filling. So easy and a great pie to make on a summer day since you only have to bake the crust and you serve it cold.
I originally found this recipe at the blog, As Seen Through the Eye Of . . .